A cashier’s check, also known as an official check, is a secure way to make a large payment such as a vehicle purchase or mortgage down payment, for which using a debit card, credit card or cash would not be practical.A cashier’s check has additional security features to minimize the risk of counterfeiting or fraud.
Cashier Checks are available upon request from Old Glory Bank. To request a check, please call our call center in Oklahoma at 888-446-5345, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Central Time. Cashier’s checks are available exclusively to Old Glory Bank account holders.
On the call, our representative will verify your identity, and ask for the specifics of your check request, including the payee name (the business or person you are paying) and the amount. Please have these details ready when you call.
To thoroughly protect you from fraud, our team will then send you a secure message through your online banking portal to verify your request and the Old Glory Bank spending account from which you want the funds withdrawn. It is critical that you respond to this verification message within 45 minutes for timely processing of your request.
Once your verification is received through the secure message portal, our team will validate your account and the funds available, and your check will be processed and sent via overnight carrier to the mailing address on file for your account.
TIP: Please allow a minimum of 3 business days for the processing and receipt of your check, including time in transit to your mailing address.
- Requests will be processed during normal banking hours – 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding federal holidays.
- Requests submitted before Noon Central Time will be processed the same day, as long as we receive a timely response to the secure message verification. Requests received after Noon Central Time, or for which the verification message response is not sent within the allotted time, will be processed the next business day.
- Checks will be sent to the mailing address on file for the account – NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Checks will be sent via UPS Next Day Air Saver (afternoon delivery).
- In the case of a mailing address to a P.O. Box, checks will be sent Priority Mail Express, which may take up to two business days for delivery. Please allow transit time for any check requested.
- All checks will be sent with Signature Required upon delivery – NO EXCEPTIONS. This is for your protection against check theft.
Note: The fee for a Cashier’s Check from Old Glory Bank is $39 per check. This fee includes the overnight shipping costs. The check funds and fee will be withdrawn from your account immediately upon processing of the check.
Old Glory Bank™ and its family of associated trademarks are the property of Old Glory Intellectual Property Holdings, LLC.