We understand that moving your Social Security payments to a new bank account can seem stressful. Old Glory Bank would love to make the process as easy as possible for you.
Federal law now requires that social security benefits be paid electronically. Having your funds deposited directly into your Old Glory Bank Freedom Spending account is safe and fast. There are two ways for you to move your Social Security direct deposit to Old Glory Bank – either by the Social Security Administration website, or through Old Glory Bank’s direct deposit service called ClickSWITCH.
First, be sure your Freedom Spending account has been opened, and you have created your username and password to access your account.
IMPORTANT: Do not close your old account until you have requested the direct deposit switch and confirmed that your benefits are successfully deposited to your Old Glory Bank account. It may take 30 to 60 days for the Social Security Administration to change your direct deposit as requested. The SSA should send you a letter confirming your request and the date by which you may expect the funds to reach your new account.
To change your direct deposit through the Social Security Administration website:
Step 1: If you have not already done so, you will need to create an account at the Social Security Administration (www.ssa.gov). The SSA will send you a temporary password in the mail which you will need to access your account. Please plan for the delay this may cause.
Step 2: Gather your personal and Old Glory Bank Account information. You will need:
- Your social security number.
- Old Glory Bank’s routing number, which is 103113441.*
- Your Old Glory Bank account type - Checking (which we call Spending) or Savings.
- Your Old Glory Bank account number. To find this, log in to your accounts through the website or mobile app. Click on your account, and choose the Details and Settings tab. Scroll down to see your account number.
- Your “My Social Security” account and login information.
Step 3: Log in to “My Social Security” at www.ssa.gov/myaccount.
- Once you are logged in, select the blue Benefits and Payments Details link on the right side.
- Click the Update Direct Deposit button.
- Enter your Old Glory Bank account details, and click Next.
- Verify that you have entered the correct account and other details.
- Click Submit, and then click Done.
To change your direct deposit through Old Glory Bank’s website:
- Log in to your accounts through our mobile app or website.
- On the Menu, click Services.
- Click Direct Deposit for Federal Benefits.
- Follow the instructions to update your direct deposit.
If you have trouble with the direct deposit of your Social Security benefits, or if you prefer to speak with a person to make the change to your benefits deposit, you may call the SSA at 800-772-1213 (TTY 800-325-0778), or visit your local Social Security Field Office.
Old Glory Bank™ and its family of associated trademarks are the property of Old Glory Intellectual Property Holdings, LLC.